Our favorite day of the week is here, #TastyTuesday! This week we’re bringing you an incredibly easy, yet classic recipe — chocolate-covered pretzels.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need…
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of dark chocolate baking discs
- 1 (16 ounce) bag whole wheat mini pretzels (unsalted preferred)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt OR topping of your choice (sprinkles, peanuts, salt, etc.)
Yields 20 servings!
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat on the stovetop.*
- *To make your own double boiler, put a metal or heat-proof glass bowl or pot over a pot of one-inch simmering water. Simmering water should not touch the pot or bowl that is on top.
- Stir constantly. Once melted, remove from heat. Alternatively, heat in microwave safe dish for 30-second intervals and remove each time to stir until melted. Ensure that no water gets into the chocolate or it will seize.
- Remove chocolate from heat.
- Drop pretzels into melted chocolate a handful at a time.
- Remove one at a time with kitchen tongs or a fork, shaking off excess chocolate back into the bowl and placing the pretzel on the wax paper.
- Once each handful has been dipped in the chocolate and placed on the wax paper, sprinkle with topping of choice while still hot.
- Working in batches, finish all of the pretzels.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least an hour for chocolate to harden.
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram by using #JacquesTorres, or tagging @JacquesTorres in your post to be featured on my Instagram feed!
The original recipe was created by Skinny Ms.