This #TastyTuesday, we’re putting a twist on your favorite chocolate chip cookie and stuffing it with Oreo’s! Find your inner cookie monster, and let’s get started.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need…
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 ½ ounces) cake flour
- 1 ⅔ cups (8 ½ ounces) bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 ½ sticks (1 ¼ cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ pounds bittersweet chocolate discs or féves, at least 60 percent cacao content
- Flaky sea salt, like Maldon
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until pale and light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions. Stir in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Stir in chocolate pieces without breaking them.
- Using a cookie scoop, take one scoop of the cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie.
- Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram by using #JacquesTorres, or tagging @JacquesTorres in your post to be featured on my Instagram feed!