Impress Your Friends With Our Simple Cake Mix Chocolate Soufflé
INSTRUCTIONS JACQUES TORRES’ CAKE MIX SOUFFLE
- Butter for greasing ramekins
- 8 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (plus more for coating ramekins)
- 6 tablespoons Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1-2 tablespoons Orange Liquor
- 1-2 tablespoons Water
- 24 Dark Chocolate Pistols (or dark chocolate chunks)
- Ice Cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease ramekins generously with butter and coat with granulated sugar, tapping out excess. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites and sugar until whites are at soft peaks. Add the lemon juice and continue to whisk until medium-stiff peaks form.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl stir together the cake mix and equal parts water and orange liquor until mix resembles cake batter. Microwave twice for 20 seconds intervals. Fold into the whipped egg whites until only a few streaks remain.
- Transfer mix to a piping bag. Evenly distribute between the prepared ramekins. Top each with 3 to 4 chocolate pistols. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove and serve warm with a small scoop of ice cream.
Easy Chocolate Cake...
This chocolate cake recipe is super simple and sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings. It was featured on Food Network's Chocolate with Jacques To...Read More
How to Make Jacques...
Candy Cane and Hot Chocolate all in one? It's like having Christmas in a cup! Learn how to make this delicious drink with only 4 short recipes to c...Read More
Jacques' Wicked Hot...
Jacques has the perfect treat to get you in the mischievous mood this Halloween.Read More