Impress Your Friends With Our Simple Cake Mix Chocolate Soufflé
Jun 07, 2016
Make a simple chocolate soufflé that tastes gourmet by using cake mix purchased at your local grocery store. The Chew invited us to their show to share the recipe, watch it here.
INSTRUCTIONS JACQUES TORRES’ CAKE MIX SOUFFLE
- Butter for greasing ramekins
- 8 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (plus more for coating ramekins)
- 6 tablespoons Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1-2 tablespoons Orange Liquor
- 1-2 tablespoons Water
- 24 Dark Chocolate Pistols (or dark chocolate chunks)
- Ice Cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease ramekins generously with butter and coat with granulated sugar, tapping out excess. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites and sugar until whites are at soft peaks. Add the lemon juice and continue to whisk until medium-stiff peaks form.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl stir together the cake mix and equal parts water and orange liquor until mix resembles cake batter. Microwave twice for 20 seconds intervals. Fold into the whipped egg whites until only a few streaks remain.
- Transfer mix to a piping bag. Evenly distribute between the prepared ramekins. Top each with 3 to 4 chocolate pistols. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove and serve warm with a small scoop of ice cream.